Sunday, April 19, 2009

January 28, 2009

Spiders are creepy crawlies.

When Owen chased the spider into my car, we went back an hour so later to check for it, and he assured me it was gone. I found that somewhat dubious.

A day had passed. I was preparing to go on another non date date with Brodes. We were going to see a movie, and I had to drive, national velvet is under the weather… Opened car door, leaned in to get something, felt spider web on my face, but thought ‘I’m not scared of spiders any more.’

As I was stepping out of the car, I looked at the door, there was a huntsman on it. I squealed at the top of my lungs, almost vomited, and began an embarrassing session of hyperventilation.

I soon calmed down (sort of) and decided that something must be done. I couldn’t leave my car unattended, the door was open, and I needed to keep an eye on the devil. My only real option was the damsel in distress option… I called Brodes and said I couldn’t come and pick him up, and that he’d have to come. Tres embarrassant.

I had decided that the reason there had been a spider on my car was because it had dropped out of a tree. So then I was too scared to stand under the tree, so I sweated my arse off waiting in the sun for Brodes.

The spider ran back into the car when I started to throw sticks at it. I’m scared of my car now, but that’s good for the environment.

No comments: