Sunday, April 19, 2009

February 26, 2009

25 things about myself

1. I like to ride my bicycle.
2. I can’t stand power points that are switched on with nothing plugged in.
3. I have always had a thing with stickers, I refuse to stick them to anything, because I am sure that a better place will seem evident the moment the sticker’s been stuck, I save it for so long that I lose it.
4. I am constantly doing something with my hands, if I have nothing to fiddle with, I will crack my knuckles or tap my fingers.
5. If I’m not listening to music or playing music, there is music going round in my head, with no exception. It can be annoying.
6. I love symmetry.
7. I am an atrocious speller (tried my darndest to work out ‘symmetry’ without the help of spell check, to no avail).
8. Tail bone injuries are awful. My first was falling off a pony whilst doing a spot of jumping (I believe I was riding Stodgy at the time (as a kid, I never thought that was a unusual name)). The most resent was embarrassing. Roller skates and beer do not mix well.
9. As a child I was petrified of P.E. participation. I would do absolutely anything to avoid it; invent injuries, ‘forget’ P.E. uniform, forge notes, and if these wouldn’t work, and I HAD to participate, team sports I’d avoid eye contact with all players, that usually worked, or if it was having a go at long jump, high jump, anything jumpy or such, I’d keep going to the back of the line. I always felt I’d be ridiculed for being terrible at it, whatever sport it happened to be, thinking that my past failure to participate had rendered me far less practiced at sporty activity… thus causing me to avoid future participation. (If you got through this whole point, I salute you.)
10. I’ve never really understood how to use a semicolon correctly, and that really bugs me.
11. I don’t shower very often.
12. When I watch movies, I can’t help but see the extra’s as extra’s, sometimes I miss important expressions on central characters faces because I’m too busy looking at the extra’s trying to look natural.
13. I’d love to believe 13 to be an unlucky number, I love the idea of superstition, religious beliefs (not religion itself), and belief in the supernatural, however I never believe anything unscientifically plausible. That being said, I SWEAR I saw a ghost the other night, I screamed quite loudly.
14. I’ve been caught out by my computers spell check at least 8 times already for breaking the ‘i before e except after c’ rule. In #13 I wrote belief/ve 4 times wrong. Will I never learn?
15. I generally fail at recognising a new face until I’ve been introduced 3 times. It can prove to be quite embarrassing, it by no means means that I didn’t enjoy the first conversation, and I sincerely appologise to anyone who has had the privilege of seeing this in action.
16. I am so scared of spiders, to the point of retching, however I have no fear of being bitten by one, only of being creepy crawled upon.
17. My BFF is overseas, and sometimes that makes me sad.
18. I’d love to write music but I can’t write words, and that stops me. (I just tried to write ‘stops’ with two Ps.)
19. I’m enrolled in 9 classes. (8 of which are 3 point ones, still, quite a heavy work load… watch me fall apart this semester!)
20. I spend hours every day practicing classical violin, however I quite often get far more enjoyment out of band playing… for some reason that does deter me at all.
21. I am about to attempt to read Voss. Everyone in the band has read it, and there is an upcoming Voss festival, in which I am to perform… I think it’s time for me to read it… I fear it will be awfully dull.
22. I really enjoy Catholic pictures and statues, especially tacky ones. Holographic Jesus pictures are great. I have one, he’s on the cross, one image with head up, dying, one dead.
23. I love the french language, yet when the opportunity arises to use it, I freak out and speak english.
24. When I read a book, I can’t help but adopt the protagonists use of language. This was most fun when reading the Narnia chronicles, ‘do lets’ and ‘ever so glad’ are fun to say.
25. I really don’t know what I’d do if I went deaf. As overly dramatic as it sounds, I don’t think I could find my point in living. I’d rather lose both my hands.

No comments: