Sunday, April 19, 2009

February 8, 2009

Last night I had a long black at 8pm. At 6am I wrote this on my computer (I have no internet):

I went on a ant rid-rampage today.. now when I close my eyes, I see ants. (Ant rid is a sweet and [delayed reaction] deadly substance that you dribble along a well used ant track, they suck it up, bring it back home, and the queen dies It was quite interesting.) I had three locations. Two were in the kitchen, one of which was with the little ants, and one with the bigger ants. Not the bull ants, the ones a third their size. They reminded me so very much of cattle. At their busiest there were no more than 20. If I made any noise near them, they’d flee. But the little ones couldn’t care less what you do near them, and they flocked in their trillions. The third locale was the toilet, as weird as that may sound. Quite annoying, actually. The cistern is broken, we leave the lid off. There’s a busy stream of ants going in, and when you flush, after the water goes down to empty, it rises back above the normal level for a few minutes. This catches a whole bunch of ants, who float around waiting to be saved, until the next flush, when they get flushed down. So we quite often have a pool of ants in the toilet. Anyway, end of this rant, the point is, I close my eyes, I see ants.

I’ve been watching Dawson’s Creek. I watch too many television box sets. Anyway, there was a blair witch-esque episode, and it scared the bejeezies out of me, so much so that I had to pause it and go and talk to Mike for a minute. (Who, by the way, has spent the weekend in his cuttoffs, in nothing BUT his cuttoffs. Hello ladies.) I am so easily scared.

I miss Heidi. My computer says Heidi is spelt wrong. The suggested spelling that I like the best is Heyday. Heyday Freedom. Every time I try to write Freedom, I write Freedome first. I’m a terrible speller. Anyway, I hope Heyday doesn’t mind that I watched Dawson in her room, at 3am, tv blaring isn’t what Michael needs to hear.

No comments: