Monday, August 17, 2009

Today is my last day in Paris. There are many stories that I've neglected to tell you, my few faithful readers (Jacqui), but I will return and slot it in, you won't even notice it was missing.

My week in Paris was very enjoyable. My three months here a few years ago were good, but I didn't fall in love with the city. Not that I have now, but I guess I'm forming a crush. We did a large percentage of the museums, the Picasso one was wonderful, the Pompidou always one of my favorites, the Louvre was full of fat naked babies, and going to see Marie-Antoinettes place was tiring, and unfortunately entailed many fat naked babies as well.

We saw a tightrope walker, that was pretty cool, and I felt he deserved a euro from me, but of course in shrapnel form... when I was fishing around for it, a gypsy came up to me and asked for money, I ignored her. She kept asking, getting more and more agitated, until she cursed me. At least, I think she did. Nothing bad happened though.

At the moment, I can see two young jewish boys waiting for the drawbridge to close. They look happy to be waiting, carrying a plastic shopping bag with cereal. I'm about to check out of my hostel, do a bit of last minute shopping before I meet up with Jess and Rafe (who I've spent the week with). We were going to have a lunch picnic, but the weather is lousy. I guess it's a good thing, easing me back into shitty weather. See you soon, Jac.

No comments: