Saturday, June 27, 2009

Im in the south of France, near the town of Bayonne, 50ks from the Spanish boarder. Im staying with a family who Ive never met before, and I fluctuate between feeling very comfortable and a little intrusive. Its made easier by my lovely sleeping quaters, a minutes walk from the house, in a little carivan. The window above where my head lies in bed, there is a glassless window, which caused for an interesting first nights sleep, due to the huge thunder storm. They sell flowers in the markets, so I try to help out with the moving around of pots (which is surprisingly often) seeing as though I have zero skills in the kitchen. There is aparently a river 20 minutes walk away that flows from the pyrenees. Theres a weird little chapel on their land that is so creepy, with falling down; faded and peeling biblical paintings, something from a horror movie. I need to get a cord for my camera to get photos off it... and I need to take photos.

The family slips in and out of french and english, they also speak spanish danish and I think one of them speaks vietnamese. Its enough to make you feel quite inadiquate (if my spelling doesnt already.)

Generally I sit around practicing and reading. I enjoyed Twilight and the second one a lot more than I wanted to...

No comments: